The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is Government funding that is given to schools in addition to main school funding. The premium is primarily allocated to address the needs of pupils who are eligible for free school meals or who have been continuously looked after for a period of six months or more. The premium is intended to assist schools in narrowing the attainment gap between children from low income families and disadvantaged families and their peers.
How do we use the Pupil Premium?
At Avenue Primary the pupil premium is used flexibly to support the learning needs of children in the Foundation Stage through to Year 6. The additional funding has enabled the school to increase and further develop the significant number of learning support provisions already established and offered by the school. The Government’s view that School leaders and staff are best placed to make decisions regarding the most effective use of this funding is welcomed by the school and decisions regarding its use are based upon:
- Systematic self evaluation and analysis of the school’s priorities.
- Professional staff knowledge and assessment of pupil emotional , cognitive , social and physical needs.
- Formative and summative assessment and attainment data.
- Termly tracking and analysis of pupil progress and feedback.
In planning and identifying the learning provisions we implement we aim to ensure that:
- Learning opportunities and experiences offered benefit ALL pupils.
- Pupils identified as ‘vulnerable’ or ‘socially disadvantaged’ receive interventions that meet their needs and develop them as resilient and life long learners.
Please click on the links below to view the policy of your choice. They will open in a new window and you will need Adobe PDF reader that can be downloaded from Adobe website.
- Avenue Pupil Premium Policy
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2022-23
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2021-22 Review
- Pupil Premium Impact Report 2020-2021
- Pupil Premium Impact Report 2019-2020
PE and Sport Premium
All schools received additional money from the government to improve PE and sport provision. This funding is used to improve the provision of PE and sporting activities for the benefit of pupils at the schools.
At Avenue Primary we are committed to providing pupils with good quality P.E and sporting provision so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles. Our pupils participate in indoor and outdoor physical activities on a weekly basis and enjoy the facilities of a purpose built sports hall and a large Multi-Use Games Provision.
Information below provides further detail regarding P.E and Sport Premium Funding.
- Sports Premium Action Plan and Spending Review 2022-2023
- Sports Premium Action Plan and Spending Review 2021-2022
- Sports Premium Action Plan and Spending Review 2020-2021
- Sports Premium Action Plan and Spending Review 2019-20
- Department for Education – Sports Grant
Catch Up Premium