- Be confident when developing knowledge and understanding of chronology in which they can organise their understanding of British history and the past. Be motivated to gain knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and that of the wider world.
- Be thoughtful in the sense of who they are in their diverse locality, nationally and globally and to develop a sense of personal identity through learning about the past
- Ignite children’s thinking and be curious to ask questions about the past and analyse evidence.
- Develop a resilient enquiring mind, through being critical and begin to form their own historical opinions and understand how history has helped to shape our values.
- Be cooperative and resilient to think like historians and develop their skills including historical enquiry.
- Be thoughtful and consider causation and significance of key events.
Overview of topics